How to Update a Tray
You guys know I love to have things that are one-of-a-kind, and this project couldn’t be any more perfect for that!
1. Find an old, worn-out wooden tray. I find these all the time at the thrift and usually pay between $2-$4…I won’t go any higher than $5 for sure.
2. Remove price stickers, clean it up, and give it a light sanding.
3. Paint the entire tray with your base color to give yourself a nice backdrop for the design.
4. Paint your design. You could stencil, free-hand, or (if you’re like me) hire your talented friend to paint it!
5. Apply a poly coat—if you’re going to be using the tray a lot. If you’re only using it for decorative purposes, you could probably skip this step.
Voila! You now have a unique and inexpensive piece of décor!