Shop Small Christmas Wish List 2018
You guys!! It’s time!!
I am so excited to bring you the second annual SHOP SMALL CHRISTMAS WISH LIST!
Supporting small business is such a huge passion of mine and I love encouraging all of you to do it too! Not only will you be making their day by showing their businesses some love, but you’ll be making life so much easier for yourself...checking off that Christmas list!
I love how diverse all the businesses participating this year are! From products to services, this list has you covered! You’ll be able to cross a lot of gifts off your list, and maybe, find a few things for yourself too!
SHOP SMALL CHRISTMAS WISH LIST 2018
AR WORKSHOP ANKENY is your one-stop shop for a fun group activity and getting your creative juices flowing! Their signs are super cute, and they’ll also work with you to customize a sign that will work with your concept or space! Not only can you use their lovely workshop to enjoy spending time with friends, family, or coworkers while you create, but you can also shop their cash-and-carry items! AR Workshop Ankeny’s retail prices are the perfect gift-on-the-go that will also be fun and unique!
2. Artfull is a small business after my own heart! I love to create, but seldom do in my own space because I don’t have the supplies, the space, or the money to buy everything I need. They will take care of all of that for you at Artfull! All you have to do is select when you want to go and who you want to take! This would be a great activity to do with family in for the holidays or to take kids to burn some creative juices during Christmas break! I love when people see a need and fill it…Artfull has definitely done that!
3. Beautycounter-Kelly Bell is a make-up and skincare business doing all good things! I started using Beautycounter products a couple of years ago and have loved all of them! The company itself strives to offer safe products for your family, including The Never List—a list of ingredients that they don’t allow into their products. Making the switch to a whole new brand of beauty products can be intimidating, so I’ve been doing it a bit at a time. Christmas would be the perfect time to help you or your family do the same thing! Choose a couple of products to pamper yourself or others with and be safer doing it!
4. Caty + Rose Market has the cutest line of boutique clothing! I’ve basically been wearing the hoodie I got from them non-stop since purchasing it. I tell you this in case you, or someone you love, needs a shirt they will want to wear forever and ever, amen. Their clothes are so soft, super cute, and have meaning behind them! Not only that, but a portion of each of their sales is donated to a charity! Love when businesses give back!
5. Court Ave Designs has such a great line of hand-poured candles and wax melts that are super cute and smell yummy! The candles are made with pure American soy wax, and are paraben and phthalate free, so they’re safe to burn. Each batch of candles is poured in a small batch, so attention to quality is high, AND they hand-pick the perfect vintage containers for the candles, for a one-of-a-kind look! Because she offers so many styles, you’ll be able to find a candle for anyone on your list!
6. Dirt Road Candle Co. is owned by an Iowa farm wife, making hand-poured candles in small batches in her farmhouse kitchen. Each batch is made from 100% U.S. grown soy wax and uses paraben and phthalate free fragrances. In addition to offering her standard candle and wax melt line, she also creates one-of-a-kind batches of candles using vintage jars and containers. Bonus…they all smell delicious! I have one on my counter right now and it’s so cute—anyone on your Christmas list would love getting one of her candles!
7. Everwood Books has the most creative product using books—which I love! Her stacks can be personalized and will easily fit in with any decorating style. I love being able to find creative gifts for people that I know they can use and don’t have to worry about matching their stuff. I’m sure several people on your list would enjoy a gift from her shop…and maybe even a little something for yourself!
8. FJ Design Co. has a tremendous talent for hand-lettering and can customize just about anything you can think up! From seasonal décor to the cutest welcome mats for your front door, she can add that personal touch that is perfect for the holiday season. I might be the owner of the cutie cut-out trees and they look great styled simply on a tray on my counter. She also offers a cute collection of wall signs and will work with you to customize just the right saying or style for your home—or someone on your Christmas list.
9. Helps Homestead will help you get your creative mojo going this holiday season, or if you’re not up for creating pieces for yourself or someone on your list, maybe a ticket to her DIY or Don’t Expo will be perfect. The event will showcase local makers who will help you find your DIY spirit showing you how to make different crafts…and if you don’t want to DIY, there will be cash-and-carry-items too. You’ll still get that hand-made touch without having to do it yourself!
10. Kneeling Cat Pilates will help you work out all that holiday stress! They can help you gain more flexibility and over-all strength in their beautiful studio! I did Pilates in college, but that’s been a few years ago… Might be time for me to get back at it! Treat yourself or someone you love to some sessions this holiday season!
11. Monat with Estee Roe has all things hair care covered! I haven’t used these products yet, but a friend of mine uses them and her hair is lovely—bonus she goes so many days without washing. Can I get an amen? Monat products focus on creating using science and the right mix of ingredients to help your hair age gracefully and look its best right now. Whether you want to look amazing for the holidays (who doesn’t) or know someone who loves all things hair care, you’ll be able to find something you love in this line.
12. Rugged Lace Mercantile has a great selection of boutique clothing and accessories for all those hard to shop for ladies on your list! With new items coming in all the time, you’ll be sure to find something perfect for your own holiday outfits, for all your best gals, or both! It’s nice to be able to find clothes and accessories that are unique and that you can’t find at all the usual retailers. Everyone will wonder where you got that great new outfit!
13. Tasty Good Toffee has me drooling over their small-batch, gourmet goodies! Toffee’s one of those things that just IS Christmas! Also, everyone loves it and would basically be elated to receive a bag (or several) for Christmas this year! There are so many yummy flavors to choose from, there’s sure to be something for everyone on your list…and a little treat for yourself too!
14. Uniquely Stated Jewelry says it all in the name—unique hand-stamped jewelry pieces! I’m pretty sure all the ladies I know own at least one piece of personalized jewelry and are always on the hunt for a new one too! We love to commemorate special times and people in our lives and it’s so fun to be able to do that with a piece of statement jewelry! Whether you need an idea for your hubby, or maybe you want to create a memory for a good friend, you’ll be able to find the perfect piece here.
15. Walnut & White creates simple and beautiful hand-made signs, perfect for any occasion. Her signs would make a great hostess gift, as well as, a special something for a family member or friend. The easy, clean style of the signs make them a good fit for many different decorating styles, too! If you’re looking for a way to spruce up you home before holiday guests stop by, one of her signs will do just the trick. I also spied some handmade ornaments in her Etsy shop and they are so cute!